Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have coommanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 1 and 2 of this new Chapter in my life

March 22nd


This is my last morning in the states for awhile. I got up and had breakfast with my pray partner of 25 years Mickey Blackwood and her niece Cheryl. Then I might two dear brothers in Christ for lunch Jason & Jeremy Talley. Then I spent some time with a friends to say my last good byes and before you know it was off to my last supper in the states and to the airport with Tyson & Renee Griffin and Jan Childers.

Got there to check in and all my bags where over weight so I had to unpack in the airport. Then I say my
last good byes which where very hard to do. I finally found my way through the airport and my it to my gate all while having a melt down but GOD is good and always there and HIS timing is perfect because friends started texting and calling to tell me that they were praying for me. So thank you all for all your prayers and support through all of this. I could not have done this with out you.

Then I got on the plane and set beside an older couple whose daughter was a missionary for Samaritan’s purse for several years. I sleep a good bit on that first flight.

March 23rd
I arrived in London this morning and it was a race to get through everything to catch the next plane.
I sleep some on this flight too! But more importantly I had the chance to serve on this flight. They was a woman with 3 month old twin girls so for the last 4 1/2 hours of the flight I held one of the babies and feed her while her mother rested. As those of you who know me there isn't anything I would rather be doing then serving GOD and holding a baby. Also I met a family sitting behind me who were moving to Uganda from the states to me missionaries. 
We were an hour behind schedule so I did not arrive in Uganda until after 11 and then time I got through all the check points and got my luggage it was after 12. Then I met my driver and we drove for 2 1/2 hours to the baby cottage so I laid down a little after 4 and could not sleep so here I am bogging and catching up on emails. There are a lot of new sounds to get use to here. 

Thank you for all your prayers and support on this journey. Please keep them coming it is going to be hard to adjust to life with out all of you here with me. All my love to each of you from Africa!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Trace it was good to read about your journey..I thought about you all day Monday and wondered what you were doing at such ans such a moment...I know you are in the place God wants you to be..and imagine meeting someone with the same destination and beeing able to help that mother! Ain't God good?
    Much love and many prayers
    Kathy T

    ReplyDelete