Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have coommanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Friday, March 26, 2010

DAY 5 at Amani

March 26, 2010


I want to start today’s enter by PRAISE GOD for getting me here and for keeping me here. I know HE truly has a purpose for me being here. And no matter what my finally job assignment is here GOD is in control and HE will give me the strength to see this through for HIS HONOR AND GLORY alone. Because HE is the one who opened this door for me to be here for HIS purpose. And I will give HIM my all my everything here as long as HE wants me to be here. No matter how hard it may be and how tired I become.

But I have to honestly admit to each of you that this week has been very hard for me. Starting with all my good byes back in the states and that was extremely hard for me to say good bye to each of you. Because some of you I see or talk to every single day and now I am on the other side of the world all alone and seven hour ahead of you (like right now it is 8:28 pm here in Jinja Uganda while it is 1:28pm back home in Tunnel Hill, GA).

I have not only had to adjust to the time change, but the constant power outages, the water cutting off on a whim, the heat, the mud because it is rainy season, the constant sound of babies crying, dogs barking and sound of Monks chanting in the early morning just to name a few things. But for years now I have prayed for GOD to bless me a child and now HE has. HE has given me 58 precious boys and girls to love as my very own until they get a forever family.

Things never stop a round here you see I don’t officially start until next week but here is what I have done today and the work never ends. I started my day hanging laundry on the lines out side for all of this 58 babies & toddlers. Then I feed smashed rice, carrots and bananas to the babies, plus bottles and changing ( there are 9 babies in this dorm I am in). I did these feedings for breakfast and lunch today. Then I walked to town with Maggie one of the Ugandan women here and we went to by supplies for the babies home and the volunteers. I also had my 1st experience riding a Boda Boda (motorcycle taxi) today (I had to ride side settled). I praise GOD for my time with Maggie today and I pray that HE would allow us to become really good friends.

And Just like in the states I am still dealing with the constant reality that I don’t sleep so that makes things even more difficult here especially with the time change. So thank you to all of you who have been keeping me company on face book and yahoo in the middle of the night this week so I was not totally alone.

I know GOD HAS CALLED ME HERE TO SERVE HIM FOR A REASON AND HE WILL SEE IT THROUGH. HE tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, ...in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Then a dear friend sent me this verse today Joshua 1:8-9 Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. and of course I have to remember my favorite verse PHIL 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.

So that means I just need a good kick in the moonshine and I need to stop ll this whining and worrying about all the what if’s and I just need to take it one minute at a time and follow GOD‘S foot steps where ever they lead. So if I am here 3 months or if I am here a year then I will give GOD my all in everything I say and do. To HIM be the HONOR & GLORY for the amazing thing HE has done in my life and still is doing. God never said following HIS will for HIS life would be easy but HE did say HE would never leave us. 

Please continue to pray for me because honestly I can't do this but I know that if HE can move mountains and then HE can show me how to run the business end of things here and everything else they want me to do. And HE will also provide the house that I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment