Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have coommanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 3 and 4 on this Journey here at Amani

March 24th


Today I got up in Jinja Uganda. I was taken to lunch by some of the other long term volunteers today and so I made my first trip to town with the 4 of them. Had a good lunch then exchanged money, got a cell phone and groceries.
Then I got to experience my first power outage and even help feed babies during the black out.

I could not sleep so when the power came back on I started chatting with friends from the state who help me past the time ago.

March 25th

I have always wanted children and today I got 58 of them between the ages of birth and 6 years old. This morning I worked in all three baby rooms and the toddler room. Then I learned how to mash rice, carrots and bananas together to feed the babies.

Then I spent the rest of the day learning about my just some of my other duties here. Then it was back to feeding babies again. And another black out.

Things are much harder here than I ever thought they would be. It is never quiet and there are always dippers to change (cloth) and babies to feed.

But I know GOD has sent me here for a reason and HE will give me the strength to see this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment