Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have coommanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Greetings from Uganda,


Thank you for all your prayers, encouragement and love. I have now been Uganda for 2 weeks and I have to honestly say everyday is still an adjustment for me. God has really been showing me that we never know how bad someone else has it until we walk in their shoes (like our newest toodler she was just left laying on the street just a few streets over Monday night, she is very sick so please pray for her) but yet at the same time HE has showed me beauty like I have never seen it before here. God never promised that our life’s would be easy when we surrender them to HIM. But HE did promise that HE would never leave us or forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." And Deuteronomy 31:8 "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be

discouraged.") I know God has a mighty plan for my life and right now that plan was me living and serving in Jinja Uganda East Africa. And I will serve Him with my whole heart. No matter how hard that may be or how challenging it may become.

I have to confess to you that I have doubts about this, the week before I left the states I had a lot of doubts was I really suppose to come and serve here and the night before I left GOD put a beautiful RAINBOW in the sky to show me HE still keeps HIS promises and that HE is still in control theneven once I got here fear and doubts took over again and I started feeling like I can’t do this and how and why would GOD use someone like me. But then on GOOD FRIDAY GOD showed me again that special sign of HIS, another beautiful RAINBOW as if to say “have you already forgotten I (GOD) promised never to leave you or forsake you, I (GOD) am here and I(GOD) am still in control just trust ME. God calls each of us in James 1:27 to look after the orphans and widows James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." And from 1991 to 2010

I had the honor of taking care of widows and now HE has given me the opportunity to come here to take care of these precious orphans.

GOD has always giving me a great desire to be a mommy and to want lots and lots of children and even though I have never physically given birth HE has always given me children now was given me 57 to love and take care until they get a FOREVER FAMILY. His word is true and HE keeps HIS promises Isaiah 54:1 "Sing, O barren woman, you who never bore a child; burst into song, shout for joy, you who were never in labor; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband," says the LORD. And I am now that desolate woman with 57 amazing babies. I now know what it means when they say a mother’s work is never done because here it is not ever done. And I also now know how it feels to have to hold them down while they get stuck with a needle at the doctors and how you would let the doctor stick you a 100 if your child did not have to go through that.

Yes the days are long, hot and tiring and there is a lot to be done. Like feed babies, changing babies, loving on babies and doing laundry. There is also things that are not as convenient as they are at home like make sure your water is boiled or ran through a filter with bleach before you drink. And you have to be always be careful of snakes and other dangers (they killed another one last night at the directors house). But the love these precious children give far out weigh anything you have to give up or go through.

One thing GOD showed me through the EASTER season here was that no matter what I go through HE went through much, much more for mysake.

And I don’t know why HE would choose to love and use someone like me but HE does and for that I will always be grateful and GIVE THE HONOR AND GLORY FOR IT ALL.

Please continue to pray that I would have opportunities to share HIS LOVE with others and that people would see HIM in me as I serve. Please keep praying for housing for me. Please pray for safety. Pray that these children would all get FOREVER FAMILIES. Thank you again for all your prayers and love.

Blessings In Christ

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment