Matthew 28:19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have coommanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Luke 9:23
Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hello and Greetings from Uganda this Easter weekend: I pray all is well with each of you. I am good. I have to say that I truly stand in amazement and wonder how GOD could possibly use someone like me, someone as self center, selfish as me, someone who whines and complains as much as me. But yet He does and that just amazes me.  I stood at the cross last night, HE did that for me and the least I can do is serve HIM where ever HE puts me. I have learned a lot in my short time here and I know I will learn so much, much more if I am just willing to let Him teach me and show me through life lessons here. 

GOD has taught me just how humbling life can be here and just how spoiled I am in the states. For those of you with a large washer and dryer be very thankful because I hand wash and ring out my own clothes to dry on top of all the laundry I hang out here for the babies home (and Ugandan red mud has Georgia beat hands down). Here are some of the other things you should be very thankful for Power, here is goes off everyday at least once and it can be off for just a few minutes or up to hours before it comes back on. Water goes off on a whim here too so you learn to shower and do dishes when it is on. And drink water is more challenging here too, it has to be filtered with bleach or boiled if it is not bottled water. These are just a few of the many things to be thankful for.

GOD has also show me just how HE protects us here: one of the other girls rooming here went to light the oven the other night and the gas had built up in it and it made this really load BOOMING noise, fire shot out and shook the whole house and thankfully she was not even burned and it did not explode PRAISE GOD. Then we had a burglar who try to break in the other night but one of the MOMMIES (the Ugandan women scared him off) and Thurs. night they killed a black mamba snake right outside our home (very poison-est).

GOD is really showing me to rely on HIM for HE is where my strength comes from because there are very long days here and even longer nights since I don't sleep. Here at the babies home I am known as "AUNTIE Tracey" and the Ugandan women are the mommies for the most part here. We have 56 kids here now and I room upstairs with the youngest babies. So there is always something to be done here and always children to love and held. I was told other night the same thing I am told back home in Tunnel Hill "every time we see you, you always have a baby in your arms". To be honest I don't know how to act without one in my arms. I have always wanted children of my own and this is how GOD has allowed me to have them both in the states and here.

It is a very different life here but it is a very rewarding life too. Earlier this week I have had the privilege helping to take 3 kids to Kampala (I have to say you think Georgia potholes are bad you have not seen potholes until you experience Uganda's) to get their physicals started for their adoption and then today I had honor of getting to see them meet their FOREVER FAMILIES for the first time. I have also had the change to get to know some of the Ugandan women here (the mommies) and I have even had the opportunity to talk to them about my first and true love Jesus and about what HE has and is doing in my life. One of them has asked me to teach her bible study class once I get settled in good (so please pray about that). And have gotten to go help another one of our mommies with the shopping here last week and that was nice to get to get to spend sometime to get to know her. I have also gotten to attend two different churches here for services and both were good. So please pray that GOD will show me where HE wants me to serve HIM while I am here because I real miss having a church family.

I have to be honest with you this trip has been much harder to adjust too this time especially being all alone here and since I been very use to having all of you a round me for love and support whenever I needed it. Here in Uganda I am just another Muzungu (white person) to the Ugandan's and to the other muzungu's I am just an outsider and don't belong. If it had not been for all of your prayers, emails, facebook chats, and skype calls I would have already packed up and come crying back home. But I know GOD has a reason and a plan for me to be here and I have to stick it out no matter just how hard it gets. So thank you for staying up with me and chatting during the night while I can't sleep. Please continue to pray for me and the children here that they would all get FOREVER FAMILIES. Pray that I would find a save, cheap and close house here to live. Pray that GOD'S WILL, will be done in my life and that I will give him the HONOR AND GLORY FOR IT ALL.

I miss each of you very much and love you more than you will have know. THANK YOU again for everything you have and are doing for me. Blessing to you all and you are all in my prayers. And I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU HAVE A HAPPY EASTER.

In Christ
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment